I interrupt our regular program of pictures of Asher to bring you some pictures of our trip to Portland last August!
Ken's Artisan Pizza. SO good.
Gelato! Forget Froyo. Gelato's all the rage. And we love being hip.
6 months pregnant.
Voodoo Doughnuts left us feeling ill. Yes, that is the Cap'n Crunch doughnut. I had to try it but I then wished I had just gotten a normal one.
Nasty huge spider that Brian was impressed with.
Man sleeping in a park in front of the Portland Art Museum. A sneakily-taken picture.
In front of Powell's, which we loved, naturally.
I was skeptical that Stumptown Coffee could be as good as everyone claimed. "So it's cool", I thought. But. It really was amazing.
I'm so glad we were able to take this little trip before Asher was born. I naively assumed then that we could cart a baby along anywhere we wanted to go and it would be so easy. Nope. We attempted a day trip to Coeur D'Alene yesterday which ended up being
1. Drive all the way to CDA with baby crying on and off in car.
2. Go into a toy store for about 5 minutes before baby cries.
3. Feed baby in the car in the parking lot.
4. Take baby into cool antique store where he cried the whole time and our stroller almost knocked EVERYTHING over.
5. Give up, dumping crying baby in car seat and just grabbing Wendy's for the drive home.
Ha. Anyway, the trip to Portland was fun but nothing like the seriously amazing adventure of being parents. And we wouldn't trade our little guy for a million easy weekend trips.